Saturday 3 May 2014

Costume Making 101 - The More things Change...

As promised a small update for y'all today - following a 500-mile trip around the country on Thursday, including the always delightful NEC in Birmingham and the world's best katsu curry in the Trafford Centre, Manchester, I ended up having Friday off of work.  And I was not idle...

Talking through things with my friend Scott about his Ezio-inspired costume, we decided to take a slightly different approach with the armour.  The plastic mannequin pieces are on hold due to time constraints, so I had to go in a different direction.  

Going through the patterns, I decided to use one from the excellent Crystal Anvil book, produced and sold through Lederkraft Studios at www.lederkraft.com.  Not content to build it as printed, I made a few alterations on the fly and came up with my own take.  

So, small update, but here's where the "Ezio" is up to now:




And the shoulder armour itself:



I have a step-by-step for the shoulder armour to do, more to follow in the coming weeks as we hurtle towards the Comic-con deadline including the fix for my coat's hood, holsters, belts, boots, trousers and hidden blades....

Speaking of which, got mine finished!



Regular service will be resumed on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment