Tuesday 30 September 2014

It's All in the Details

Well, after watching some the fantastic new footage of AC Unity's customisation options over the last couple of days it's slowly dawned on me that my "secret" project that bridged the gap between blogging about coats and the present day is strangely in keeping with the style of the game...


Which pleased me.  So, I think a write up might be in order...

But not now.  Now I simply want to introduce an idea, a follow-along if you will.  Let me explain.  I recently purchased one of these from eBay for a bargain £18 including shipping:


It has to arrive from China so may be a while.  But I was thinking, I bought this because I could see potential in the design and some alterations I'd love to try.  Once this arrives I'll be documenting my progress day by day with updates, ideas and things I'm trying out to adapt it into a viable costume piece.  

Oh, and my one of these turned up today:


Cold Steel's excellent Trench Hawk Trainer axe.  It's made entirely from polypropylene and so ultimately harmless as a prop; the blade itself is around 15mm thick at the "cutting edges" and completely blunt.  My plan is to sand, sculpt and paint this up as a prop for Comic-Con (next-year) and this could be the first of many adapted costume props to come...

So, watch this space for more and that all important Space Hulk review that I keep promising.  Once my headache has FINALLY calmed down.

Until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment