Thursday 24 April 2014

Costume Making 101 - A Pause for Thought

Well now, a week on from a rushed post and the fates have conspired somewhat to mean that very little work has been done.  Plus, my blog entry is late.  And lacking.  

So, my apologies for being so unproductive this week but I don't have a lot to show for it.  Well, I've finalised this:



Needs a pair of authentic-looking pirate trousers and some boots, then Little 'Un's costume is done.  Remarkably, considering how lazy and recycled this effort was.  Of course there are accessories to be added - the hidden blade, pirate pistol, hair to do and some make-up, but all in all, a quick build.  

Where next...


The missus from Comic-Con in London last year.  Her costume remains pretty much the same - frock coat (worthy of a blog itself it's so complicated...), cloak, boots plus the basque.  Speaking of which:


Both barrels.  Ka.  Pow.

What else am I trying to cram in to the next four weeks?


Who knew my missus had a "game face..?"

My friend Scott's Ezio-inspired costume.  It'll be tight on time, but he'll be getting a new sash, a belt an a little free-form armouring in the form of two destroyed mannequins, paint, a lot of sanding and some scratch-designed leather work.  Teaser anyone?


And then there's me.  In the realisation that this blog is both late and rushed, again, here's an embarrassing picture of me in a costume trial, shot in terrible lighting, trying to look much more awesome than I actually do.

Fail...


On top of everything else, I've tasked myself with building an impressive centrepiece for my costume, I was thinking something like this:


So hopefully you'll forgive these rushed and imperfect blog posts - as a special apology for all you good people who follow my random thoughts, keep an eye out over the weekend for some deeper delving into what I'm up to and how I'm getting up to it.

And excuse any spelling mistakes, I just don't care today :)

In closing, check out what my clever brother did in 3 hours 35 minutes, some kind of foot race called a Snickers?  Oh sorry, a Marathon.  If you laughed at that you can be my friend:


Thanks for sticking with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment